OFFICIAL RULES & SUBMISSION INFORMATION BELOW
Official Rules & Regulations:
1. How to Enter. No entry fee is necessary this year. You may enter as many entries as you like but each entry past the first entry requires a $15 fee. You may enter online by emailing your completed application (click here), lyric sheet and MP3 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept mail-in entries. Deadline to submit is April 11, 2018. Do not submit unless you will be willing and available to perform in the Showcase on April 18, 2018. Only participants who actually perform their song in the Showcase will be eligible for prize offerings.
2. Eligibility. The Contest is open to any amateur songwriter. Amateur songwriter is here defined as a songwriter who has not earned more than $5000 from songwriting related royalties, advances, or works for hire. By submitting, you are agreeing that you are an amateur as described above and you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 13 years of age or older; and (d) your entry to the Contest does not violate any applicable law or regulation. If you are under 18 years of age, however, you must have permission and clearance to enter the Contest from your parent or legal guardian. Entry of the Contest is void where prohibited. Top Ten finalists are notified by email address or phone number and must perform in the Showcase on April 18, 2018 to qualify to be judged for the grand prize. If any of the Top Ten finalists do not respond to notifications within three (3) days, we reserve the right to contact those next in line until we have filled up ten slots for the Showcase on April 18, 2018. Your song may be performed by you as a solo artist or as a group/band.
3. Judging. This Contest is a talent and skilled-based event. All entries are judged based on the quality of the lyrics, melodies, composition/arrangement and performance. Quality of recording and/or production will not be considered although presenting the best recorded and produced representation of your song is highly recommended. All entries will be first screened by one or more professional songwriters. As mentioned above, once the initial screening process has been completed the Top Ten finalists among all entries will then be invited to perform their entry at the Showcase on April 18, 2018 for the chance to win one of the prize offerings.
4. Prizes. The winning song, along with two (2) additional runners-up will receive prizes. First place prize is a free recording, mixing and mastering package from The Mansion Studios for one (1) song plus a $200 cash prize. Second place will receive a $200 cash prize. Third place will receive a $100 cash prize.
5. Content. All content must contain appropriate content for an all-ages audience. Please do not submit songs with profanity, sexual references, or illicit drug or violence content. We do not claim ownership in the materials you submit in conjunction with the Contest. Such materials include written text, files, images, photos, video, songs, lyrics, poetry, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, tags, hashtags, genres, splits, ownership splits, identifiable numbers, identifiable codes, songwriter name, personal identifiable information, copyright registration information, affiliated companies or individuals, rights holder, administrator, publisher, or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) that you display, upload, transfer, publish, or post as a result of Contest.
By submitting any Content through the Contest, whether public or private, you hereby grant to us a limited, non-exclusive license to use, modify, format, stream, transmit, beam, store, publicly perform, publicly display, adapt, translate, create derivative works, reproduce, and distribute such Content, in any format, whether known or unknown, including the limited right to use your likeness, persona, logo, trademark, and right(s) of publicity for purposes of the Contest.
By entering the Contest, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work and that the content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, contract rights or any other rights of any person or business. You further agree to indemnify and hold Branson Senior Center and all contest sponsors, their subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any part of the entry causes Branson-Hollister Senior Center to be liable to another.
All revenues generated from this event will benefit the Branson-Hollister Senior Center.